In 1897, Wajax Industrial Components was founded in Montreal by Francis Peacock and his three brothers. They serviced industrial companies of all sizes and endeavours in Canada, from the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment to the supply of all types of industrial products.
Success was marked by steady growth which quickly made Peacock a national organization with an international reputation for quality. Their dedication to customer needs has earned Peacock an enviable reputation that is based on a primary goal: to identify customer needs, then meet them better than anyone else.
- Weir Group PLC acquired Peacock in 1957
- Peacock merged with Brian Controls in 1995
- Weir Group restructured and established 4 divisions:
Weir Process Equipment (Peacock)
Weir Marine (Marine, naval industry – research and test)
Weir Engineering Services (included industrial machining)
Weir Pumps (pumps and valves)
- Peacock purchased the Weir Process Equipment group and Wajax Industrial Components name in 2008
- Peacock was renamed Peacock, a division of Kinecor in 2009
- Peacock, a division of Kinecor was renamed Wajax Industrial Components in 2012.
Great Work. Great Products. Guaranteed. It’s What You Would Expect From Wajax Industrial Components.